Sofa Diesis 40Regular price $12,995.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Diesis is not only a B&B Italia classic, but an absolute icon of contemporary design. 2019 marks the 40th anniversary of its first appearance - an important landmark which has been celebrated with some design and structural updates. These updates return to the original concept while simultaneously advancing the design towards the future. The iconic backrest retains its essential and technical integrity based around the structural steel core, composed of metal springs which give strength and flexibility. The thick leather covered base and backrest are just like they were 40 years ago, but now have a distinctive Saffiano texture. The supporting frame has a timeless elegance, which underlines Diesis harmony with the vision of the great masters of Modernism. The cushions boast a new leather cover (available exclusively for Diesis 40) that accentuates the product's strength and vigor. This is softened by new and more comfortable upholstery. Reinforced seams and other techniques borrowed from saddlery draw attention to the authentic craftsmanship. Lovers of technical details will appreciate the die-cast lenticular elements of the polished brushed aluminum frame, and the seat structure which is further reduced by using two leather-covered coupled sheets. There are many further details to discover in Diesis 40. It is a great classic ready to face the next decades of its life.
- Designer: Antonio Citterio, Paolo Nava
- Frame: steel sheet and steel profiles covered in Saffiano thick leather
- Seat cushion upholstery: shaped polyurethane of different density, sterilized down, polyurethane inserts, polyester fiber cover
- Back and armrest cushion upholstery: sterilized down, polyurethane inserts
- Top: (40TD150) glass
- Lower shelf: (40TD150) multi-layered wood panel
- Lower shelf cover: (40TD150) Saffiano thick leather
- Support frame and feet die-cast aluminum and tubular steel
- Ferrules: plastic material
- Cover fabric in limited categories
- Dimensions: 277 x 95 x 80 cm
- Lead Time Approx: 12 Weeks